from the vehicle parts specialists.
If you need some advice or have a battery enquiry please send us a battery request and our team will do their best to help!
Car battery problems are one of the major contributors to car breakdowns so it's important that your battery is in good working order. We supply and fit (optional) a wide range of new and used low cost car batteries with prices starting from just £25 (including exchange of your old battery). For peace of mind used car batteries purchased from our Poole site come complete with a free 6 month warranty.
Our used battery stocks include leading car battery manufacturers such as Bosch, Varta & Yuasa. If you would prefer to buy a new replacement battery we have Katana and Shield batteries in stock.
We have a wide range of car batteries available to purchase through our online store. These can be delivered UK-wide or you can Click & Collect from your local Charles Trent site.
We also hold 100s of car batteries in stock at our Poole site that aren't listed online for sale. To see if we have the car battery you need in stock simply submit an enquiry (at the top of this page), give our team a call on 01202 712896, or drive in and speak to our team in person. Whichever way is most convenient for you, we'll be more than happy to help! We are open from 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 4pm on Saturday.
If you would like complete peace of mind that your car battery is in good working condition simply drive in to our site in Poole for a free battery check. Our team of experts will undertake a test on your battery measuring key performance indicators such as its charging and 'cranking' capabilities.
If you need a replacement battery our team will advise you on a suitable low cost battery solution. Please remember, you have no obligation to buy.
It is important to check your battery regularly to avoid potential problems. Most battery problems occur through lack of maintenance or when they have come to the end of their life rather than from manufacturer faults. There are several things that you can do to take better care of your battery:
• Disconnecting the battery if not using your vehicle for a long time. This will prevent damage
• Signs of a black coating building up can indicate overcharging
• Make sure that your battery leads are properly fastened and that the battery is fitted correctly
• Batteries may lose functionality by the end of their guarantee period (often 5 years), so it may be worth considering replacing the battery as a measure of preventive maintenance
• When you replace a battery make sure the new one has as high a specification as the original
• Make sure that your car's electrical system is charging at the correct rate; both undercharging and overcharging reduce battery life
If you want additional information or need to make a battery enquiry simply complete the request form or pick up the phone and speak to our experts on 01202 712896 (8am-5pm Mon-Fri & 9am-4pm Sat). Whichever option is most convenient for you we can guarantee a 5 star service when you choose Charles Trent for the replacement battery you need.