Below you'll find a breakdown of the terms & conditions for the services we offer here at Charles Trent. If you cannot find the information you need or have a specific question please feel free to contact us and our team will do their best to help!
Engine Warranty Terms & Conditions
1. Charles Trent Limited reserves the right at all times to vary, change, alter, amend, add to or remove any of these terms. By accepting a quote you accept that you are bound by the current terms and conditions.
2. All copyright and other intellectual property rights in any material contained on this website is owned by Charles Trent Limited. Use of these materials is forbidden unless prior written permission has been obtained from the owner.
3. The user may access any part of the site and download or copy material for personal non-commercial use only. The copyright in such material shall be retained by Charles Trent Limited.
4. Links to the www.trents.co.uk website are not permitted unless by prior written permission.
5. Copying, distributing or any use of the materials contained on the website for any commercial purpose is prohibited.
6. The content of the website is for general information only and does not constitute any form of advice or recommendation upon which a specific decision should be made.
7. Charles Trent Limited has done its best to ensure the accuracy and currency of the materials contained on its website but excludes any warranty express or implied as to quality, accuracy, timeliness, completeness or fitness for a particular purpose of the material contained on the Charles Trent Limited website.
8. Charles Trent Limited specifically excludes to the fullest extent permitted by law all liability that may arise with respect to the use or inability to use this website, any information contained in the website, or arising from any unauthorised access or alteration to the website whether direct, indirect or consequential including damage, costs, injury or financial loss of any kind. This clause shall not exclude liability for death or personal injury directly caused by the negligence of Charles Trent Limited.
9. The www.trents.co.uk website may include links to external websites. These links are provided to help you find additional information. It is your responsibility to decide whether any service and/or products available through any of these websites are suitable for your purposes. Charles Trent Limited accepts no responsibility for the content of these websites and does not give or enter into any conditions, warranties or other terms or representations (express or implied) in relation to any of these websites and specifically excludes to the fullest extent permitted by law all liability that may arise whether direct, indirect or consequential with respect to or as a result of such material causing damage, costs, injury or financial loss of any kind.
10. Whilst the www.trents.co.uk website may from time to time contain advertising material, Charles Trent Limited does not endorse or accept any liability for any of the products or services so advertised, or for any error or inaccuracy in the advertisements. Advertisers and sponsors are responsible for ensuring that material submitted for inclusion on the website complies with all relevant laws.
11. Save as expressly provided, these terms are not intended to confer any benefit on a third party under the provision of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
12. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved to Charles Trent Limited.
13. Charles Trent Limited reserves the right at any time to suspend or terminate your access to or use of the website.
14. Charles Trent Limited may change the format and/or content of this website at any time.
16. If any provision of these terms and conditions is found to be invalid by any Court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of that provision will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions which shall continue to have full force and effect.
17. The failure by Charles Trent Limited to exercise any right or remedy under these terms and conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that right or remedy.
18. These Terms & Conditions of use shall be construed and interpreted in accordance with English law. The courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any claim, dispute or other matters arising therefrom. For the exclusive benefit of Charles Trent Limited, Charles Trent Limited shall retain the right to bring proceedings in the Courts of the country of residence of any user of the website.
If you are a consumer, nothing in these terms and conditions will affect your statutory rights.
1. GENERAL CONDITIONS
1.1 References to 'we', 'us', or "Charles Trent Limited" relate to Charles Trent Limited.
1.2 References to the "Seller" or 'Customer' relate to you, the owner of the vehicle which is the subject matter of a valuation/purchase or disposal request.
2. PRE-CONTRACT INFORMATION
2.1. This document sets out the terms and conditions between you and us. It is our intention that the Service is provided and accepted on these terms. If you are a Consumer and wish to rely on any variation to these terms, then you should ensure that the variation is notified to us in writing and acknowledgement of receipt and agreement obtained before issuing any instructions to us to carry out the Service.
2.2 In order to commence the purchase process, you (the Seller) must visit the Charles Trent Limited website www.trents.co.uk and fully complete the online valuation process. You will need to provide us with certain information about the vehicle you want to sell and its location. Once you have completed the online valuation process you will subsequently receive an e-mail that will contain the given valuation. The on-line valuation is based only on the details provided by the seller, and the assumptions made therein, and takes no account of the condition of the vehicle. If there are circumstances under which these assumptions cannot be met (e.g., the vehicle is incomplete), the seller must inform Charles Trent Limited.
2.3 This valuation is provided on a "subject to contract" basis and is not legally binding. Charles Trent Limited reserves the right to withdraw the valuation at any time without legal consequence and with no liability to the prospective Seller.
3. PRICE QUOTED
3.1 The price quoted in the valuation will be in pounds sterling.
3.2 All prices quoted in the valuation are given in good faith and are derived from a combination of factors including the information supplied by the Seller and third-party data. The provision of inaccurate, false or misleading data by the Seller, or as a result of third-party errors, will result in an inaccurate valuation & under these circumstances Charles Trent Limited is under no obligation to honour the quote.
3.3 If for some reason an error has occurred with the quoted value, Charles Trent Limited will rectify the price as soon as reasonably practicable after notification of the mistake. No liability whatsoever can be accepted by Charles Trent Limited for accidental mistakes or errors caused by system failures or third-party data providers.
3.4 The valuations provided are on a 'subject to contract' basis and are not legally binding upon Charles Trent Limited. Charles Trent Limited reserves the right to withdraw the valuation at any time without legal consequence and with no liability to the prospective Seller.
4.1 Once you have accepted the Quotation, you may cancel the contract by notifying us at any time prior to the collection service being executed. However, if you fail to notify us of the cancellation before the collection has been initiated, then you may be liable for the cost of the aborted collection trip.
Payment will be made promptly upon collection of the vehicle and in accordance with the payment terms agreed between the Seller and Charles Trent Limited
6. SELLER'S WARRANTIES
6.1 The following warranties are valid where the information has been provided by the Seller.
6.2 The Seller expressly warrants that all the information supplied during the on-line valuation process is accurate and true.
6.3 The Seller warrants that the vehicle is not subject to undisclosed finance.
6.4 The Seller warrants that he/ she is the legal owner of the vehicle, has the right to transfer the full unencumbered legal title and full ownership of the vehicle to Charles Trent Limited
6.5 The Seller warrants that no other person has any claim to the vehicle whether legal, equitable, possessory, or otherwise. By executing the sale, the Seller confirms that any and all pre-existing liabilities remain with the Seller and do not pass to the Purchaser.
7. SELLER'S RESPONSIBILITIES
7.1 The Seller is surrendering ownership of their vehicle to Charles Trent Limited.
7.2 If the vehicle is scrapped Charles Trent Limited will notify the DVLA by production and submission of a Certificate of Destruction.
8. VEHICLES SUBJECT TO FINANCE
8.1 Prior to arranging collection of any vehicle, it is the responsibility of the Seller to disclose to Charles Trent Limited if there is any existing finance or Hire Purchase Agreement associated with the vehicle.
8.2 The Seller at all times remains liable to the finance company in respect of any outstanding finance. By agreeing to sell the vehicle the Seller acknowledges that liability does not transfer in any way to Charles Trent Limited.
9. PROPERTY AND RISK
9.1 Risk and property in the vehicle will pass from the Seller to Charles Trent Limited upon the "issue" of payment by Charles Trent Limited to the Seller. If a cheque is to be made payable to a third party (such as a finance company) in lieu of payment to the Seller, then risk and property will pass upon the issue of the cheque (or other appropriate means of payment) to the third party.
10.1 The vehicle will be inspected by Charles Trent Limited prior to completion of the contract. A revised valuation may be offered where (i) the vehicle does not fully comply with the information provided during the online valuation process, (ii) where the condition is such that it has a substantial impact of the value of the vehicle and/ or (iii) other relevant factors not previously disclosed affect the valuation.
11. MISCELLANEOUS ITEMS
11.1 When the Seller delivers the vehicle, Charles Trent Limited shall be provided with all the necessary documentation relating to the vehicle such as service record and invoices, V5C (logbook/ registration document), spare keys, manuals etc.
12. CONSEQUENTIAL LOSSES
12.1 Charles Trent Limited, its directors, employees or other agents shall not be liable for direct or indirect consequential losses of any kind including loss of profits and other forms of expenses and compensation.
13. EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY
13.1 Charles Trent Limited does not limit its liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence but liability for property damage is expressly excluded.
14.1 The terms of this cannot be varied by oral representation or otherwise. Any variation must be in writing and signed by both parties.
15. THIRD PARTY RIGHTS
15.1 Nothing in these terms and conditions of purchase shall be construed as giving any person any third-party rights. The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 is expressly excluded.
16. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
16.1 The governing law is English Law, and the parties agree to submit to the full jurisdiction of the English courts.