It is still possible to order parts through our website, with fast delivery and free peace of mind warranty as standard.
We have now temporarily closed our sites and stopped operations and services to protect the health of our employees and valued customers and prevent the spread of COVID-19.
We plan to re-open our sites on Friday 1st May, but this may be sooner if the government advise this is possible.
We’d like to take this opportunity to thank you all for your incredible support, kind words and encouragement as we attempt to navigate all things COVID-19.
Stay safe and goodbye for now.
1.2 Any use of the words “you”, “your” or similar expression shall mean any user of this website. The terms “we”, “us”, “our” or similar expression shall mean Charles Trent Limited.
2. When someone visits www.trents.co.uk we use a third-party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard Internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns.
2.2 We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way that does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
2.3 Where we do want, or need, in order to provide you with the best possible service, to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will be up front about this. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
2.4 Where visits come as the result of using a search engine, such as Google, search queries and results are logged anonymously to help us improve our website and search functionality. No user-specific data is collected by either Charles Trent Limited or any third party.
2.5 We use live chat software on our website, this is provided by Click4Assistance, a 3rd party UK based software company. Information regarding how the data is processed and stored can be viewed here.
3.1 Cookies are files sent by web servers to web browsers and stored by the web browsers. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables a web server to identify and track web browsers.
3.2 There are two main kinds of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are deleted from your computer when you close your browser, whereas persistent cookies remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach their expiry date.
3.4 For more information about cookies and for instructions on how to delete them please consult the help menu on your Internet browser. Please note that if you delete cookies your ability to use part of or the entire website may be impaired or restricted.
4. We use a third-party service to help maintain the security and performance of the Charles Trent Limited website. To deliver this service, it processes the IP addresses of visitors to the website.
5. Should you choose to contact us using a contact form on our website or an email link, the data will be collated into an email and sent to us over the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP). We use a third party service which encrypts the email content using SHA-2, 256-bit cryptography before being sent across the Internet. The email content is then decrypted by our local computers and devices.
6. If you send us a private or direct message via social media the message will be stored within our password protected account. It will not be shared with any other organisations.
7. We use a third party provider to encrypt and protect our email traffic. If your email service does not support TLS, you should be aware that any emails we send or receive may not be protected in transit.
7.1 We will also monitor any emails sent to us, including file attachments, for viruses or malicious software. Please be aware that you have a responsibility to ensure that any email you send is within the bounds of the law.
8.1 We may send you an email request to leave feedback about our services. This email will come from Feefo who we use to gather reviews on our behalf. Any feedback received is very productive for us as we use this information to ensure we are giving the best possible customer experience. We also use the information to spot any areas of the business that we may need to improve on, so any feedback left is highly appreciated.
9. Trents uses CCTV internally and externally on site as a security measure. Appropriate signage is displayed to inform individuals that CCTV is in operation. CCTV footage is stored securely by a third party service provider and recordings are erased securely every three months.
10. Whilst every effort has been made to erase personal information from infotainment systems, in taking delivery of this vehicle, OR Infotainment unit, the Buyer agrees not to actively seek to access or restore any such information.
In the event that any personal information is found during use the Buyer agrees to erase any such information. The Buyer further agrees to indemnify the vendor in respect of any claims for subsequent misuse of such information.
In addition to the above, in the event that the buyer discovers any items of personal effects belonging to the previous owner the buyer agrees to return these items to the selling agent.
11. When referring to “personal information”, we mean information we collect from you, from which you may be personally identified. Typically, this may include your name, email, telephone number, address and product specific data such as car registration number, item serial number and other necessary specific identifiers. All personal information you submit to us will be held in accordance with our responsibilities under the Data Protection 1998 (“DPA”).
11.1 Any personal information you register with us will only be used to help us deliver content to you and to improve the website.
11.2 We collect personal information from you in a number of situations. For example, if you purchase products from our website we ask for your name, address, phone number, email address and credit/debit card details.
11.3 We use your personal information:
11.4 We may occasionally use your personal information to contact you with information about our products and services which we think you may be interested in. We will always ask you whether you want us to use your personal information for this purpose when we collect that information from you. At any stage subsequently you can inform us that you do not wish to receive information from us by clicking the unsubscribe link in an email or sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We recommend that you should regularly review the personal information you have to ensure that is correct and up to date.
11.6 We may employ external carrier companies such as Royal Mail and DPD to deliver your order (the “Carrier”). Only your name, address and contact number will be delivered to the Carrier in order to deliver your goods.
12. Charles Trent Limited tries to be as open as it can be in terms of giving people access to their personal information. Individuals can find out if we hold any personal information by making a ‘subject access request’. If we do hold information about you, we will:
12.1 To make a request to Charles Trent Limited for any personal information we may hold, you need to put the request in writing addressing it to the address provided below.
12.2 If you agree, we will try to deal with your request informally, for example by providing you with the specific information you need over the telephone.
12.3 If we do hold information about you, you can ask us to correct any mistakes by, once again, contacting us via the address below.
14. We keep our privacy notice under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated on 21st March 2019.
Charles Trent Ltd
8 St George’s Avenue