Love cars? Like working outside with a great team? We are hiring a Vehicle Dismantler for our Worskhop.
Job Purpose: To contribute to the profitable success of the site by removing parts from vehicles in a damage-free fashion, for resale to trade and public. The ideal candidate must have previous mechanical experience, must have access to own tools which must be adequate to do the job.
The successful applicant must be reliable, enthusiastic and conscientious and be comfortable working in a very busy, fast-moving environment.
- Removing car parts from accident damaged vehicles for re-sale to the trade and public, working outside at our vehicle storage facility.
- Carrying out parts checks for the sales team prior to removing the parts for customers.
- Following work order instructions and remove listed parts from vehicles.
- Carrying out basic quality control on parts received e.g. visual checks to identify basic damage to parts.
- Ensuring machinery and equipment is safe and maintained in working order -preventative maintenance.
- Maintaining good housekeeping practices ensuring area is always clean and tidy.
- Ensuring compliance with environmental and health and safety policy and rules.
- Compliance with manual handling guidelines.
- Meeting agreed targets for removal of parts.
- Responsible for Parts removed within acceptable damage limitations .
- Responsible for compliance with environmental and health and safety legislation.
- Role involves working outside.
- Body shop: 1 year (ideally)
- Motor Mechanics: 1year (ideally)
- Confident in dealing with a wide variety of car makes and models, reliable and conscientious
- Previous motor mechanics/body shop experience is ESSENTIAL as is the possession of your own set of tools. Previous experience Fork Lift Driving is also desirable.
Application closes: 22/03/2017
Please email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org