Do I need to provide any identification when scrapping a car?

Under new legislation from 1st October 2013, you must provide photo ID showing your name, date of birth and address when you scrap your car. We will need to retain a copy of your identification for our records.

A photocard driving licence is the preferred form of identification, as it shows your name, photo, date of birth and address. However, other forms of ID are accepted, including:

  • A valid UK passport
  • A valid passport from a European Economic Area state
  • A valid UK biometric immigration document

A supporting document from the last 3 months must be issued alongside any ID form other than a driving licence, to confirm your name and address. Accepted documents include:

  • A bank or building society statement
  • A credit or debit card statement
  • A council tax demand letter or statement
  • A utility bill (e.g. gas, electricity or water) but not a mobile phone bill

Please log in to rate this.
0 people found this helpful.

← FAQs